What is the EcoStar Network?
The EcoStar program is focused around reducing waste, the program will mentor 400 organisations to achieve their sustainability goals.
The EcoStar Network aims to:
- Attract and retain local customers/clients through positive networking and marketing.
- Increase staff engagement, retention and pride in the workplace
- Improve your environmental footprint
- Potentially reduce costs
The Network provides:
• Local and Northland wide recognition for sustainability efforts and making a difference in the community
• A full evaluation of your current waste systems and a tailored plan to reduce waste streams.
• Sustainable procurement guide
• Facilitation of carbon reduction plans
• Advice on local recycling options
• Potentially, reduced costs due to less waste to landfill
• Assistance to establish or engage a staff EcoTeam, who will lead the change
• A follow up program review and EcoStar Award. A great motivator for staff — and something to show customers and clients.